Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day…

I do not need a set day during the year to show my husband and my family how much I love them.  But I’m a sucker for a good party, so I love all of the holidays.  I love Valentine’s Day, and Sweetest Day because they help me FOCUS on what I love so much about my husband, why I married him, and what he means to me. 

This was the best Valentine’s Day ever.  Seriously…I loved it! I had thought about going out for dinner tonight, but our kids hate it when we do that.  They LOVE to celebrate with us.  On our anniversary I’m adamant about having that time be just for Andy and me, but Valentine’s Day is fine with me to share with the kids.  I didn’t want to mess with crowds tonight, so we stayed in.  I’m glad we did.

Earlier today there was a knock at the door.  It was a delivery man bringing a beautiful bunch of flowers from my husband.  I think I have shared here before, that flowers is not really his thing.  So I was very pleasantly surprised when they arrived today.

February 14, 2012 003

I baked a heart shaped meatloaf for dinner, and chilled a bottle of sparkling grape juice.  Here is what our table looked like with the candles.

February 14, 2012 008

My heart shaped meatloaf…

February 14, 2012 009  
This is what it looked plated…with sauteed mushrooms and mashed potatoes…February 14, 2012 011

Later on, we will dig into this heart shaped cake!

February 14, 2012 005

We had a nice skype session with our sister in law and her kids in Arizona, and we always enjoy that.  Then my love and I had a nice little dance in the family room to Carly Simon’s “My Romance”. 

It has been a lovely Valentine’s Day, another day to reflect on the beautiful marriage God has given me, and also love on the littles He has given us.  God is good, and we are grateful!  Happy Valentine’s Day!

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

It sounds like a wonderful day.Your food looks and sounds delicious. I really enjoyed my visit here and I will be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Cassidy said...

What a very sweet Valentine's Day!! I loved all the pictures!
Smiles, Cass