Monday, February 6, 2012

No Sew Blankets….And Scarves :)

A few years ago my mom made no sew blankets for my littles.  They LOVE them.  They still sleep with them every night, take them on all of our trips, and snuggle up with them on the couch.

About a year ago, my mom taught me how to make them.  I wanted to make one for a dear single lady in our church.  I thought that would be the perfect gift for her, as she had no place of her own, and was struggling to make it financially.  When I gave it to her, she was appalled that I would do something so special for her.  It was just a no sew blanket.  In return, she paid for my daughter and I to go to a mother and daughter retreat at our favorite Christian camp.  I did NOT expect anything in return, but she was so touched by receiving that blanket.

I have always wanted one myself, and wanted to make one for my husband as well.  I bought some fabric a while back that would match the colors in our bedroom.  The base of both blankets would be a lovely kelly green, and Andy would have blue on the top of his, and I’d have burgundy on the top side of mine.  This fabric has been sitting in the closet for quite a while.

Today my daughter found it, and asked if she could make a blanket.  She did the whole thing from start to finish, and the end result is lovely.  She made my husband’s blanket, and he is very happy with it.

Here she is lining up the fabric and getting ready to start cutting…

February 6, 2012 009

Next came the tying stage…

February 6, 2012 014

The final result…a lovely blanket!

February 6, 2012 017

This is the fun part.  There was a long leftover strip of the green fabric, so Morgan created a no sew scarf with it.  I love it! I’m sitting here with the scarf wrapped around my neck right now! I think Morgan is a better model though :)

February 6, 2012 021

I took these pictures with my iPhone, so they are a bit grainy.  Tomorrow, Morgan will make my blanket with the burgundy and green material.  She had so much fun working on the blanket today!  

No comments: