Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Update on my boy…

Andy has been back to work for a little over a week.  It has been going well.  He is still very tired in the evenings, and is not quite back to his normal self yet.  It will just take some time. 

His doctor would like to monitor his coumadin levels, so he will finish at the coumadin clinic at the end of this month.  He has been going once a week for a regular blood draw.  When he starts going to his doctor’s office, it will be every other week, and will just be a quick finger stick that will give us the results within seconds.  That will be great!

Please keep praying.  We are starting to receive all of the hospital bills now, and that is just depressing…

Andy has been back to church, back teaching his Sunday school class, and has gone with us on some shopping excursions.  That all still exhausts him, so we just have to take it a day at a time.  I’m SO grateful he is here…just so grateful.  I thank God every day that he chose to spare Andy’s life, because it very well could have gone the other way for us. Every time he calls me, or he pulls in the driveway, I breathe a sigh of relief.  I look forward every day to getting to hold him in my arms when he comes home.  I don’t think I’ll ever take that for granted again…

Will continue to keep you posted on our dear patient…

DSCN0934a1

No comments: