Thursday, September 1, 2011

50 Years…

We celebrated my Mom & Dad’s 50th wedding anniversary last weekend.  We had a lovely ceremony at our church with our pastor, and then we headed to the Royal Park Hotel for a reception.  It was a great day of celebrating with my parents.  My Mom and Dad were like two kids during the ceremony…so cute.  My dad went to kiss my mom before it was time, and she smooshed his face back…it was so funny.  The dinner at the hotel was out of this world, and we had a great time visiting with family, and my parents’ closest friends.  My Uncle even flew my dad’s sister in for the occasion as a surprise.  We haven’t seen them since the 40th celebration, so it was great to have them here.  I got to play for the ceremony, and my precious niece Ellen sang the song my dad taught her when she was just a toddler, “Amazing Grace”.  It was beautiful.  Here are some pictures of the occasion…

My oldest sister and my brother stood up with my parents…

P8270025KES

My niece Ellen singing…

P8270019KESa

The ring ceremony…they gave each other new rings :)

P8270034KES

A final blessing…

P8270042KES

The paparazzi :)

IMG_1318AHS

The gorgeous cake…yummy too!

P8270050KES

The happy couple on the terrace at the Royal Park Hotel… I thought my mom looked stunning in this color…

P8270069KES

I wanted to get a really nice photo of my sibs and me with my parents….this is what they did :) Notice who is cooperating in the picture :)

P8270076KESa

Here are my parents with my dad’s brother and sister and spouses…Dad’s brother and sister are in the middle…

P8270073KES 
Lovely view from the hotel terrace…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Our Pastor Brent, and his lovely wife Kathy…

P8270656a

A sweet kiss at the reception…

DSC00456SKT

It was a great evening, and I think my parents really enjoyed themselves. Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What a special day! 50 years...wow!

Anita Johnson said...

How fun, what a wonderful role model for you and your kids. Great photos, Katheryn.
And I just read your previous post too and said a prayer for you. I hope you write that book. Just today we learned friends of ours gave birth to their stillborn daughter who was diagnosed with Trisomy 18 at 20 weeks gestation. I hope they get the love and support they need.