Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sick, Sick, Sick…

Tuesday evening I started to feel like I was coming down with something.  I went to work for a bit on Wednesday morning, carrying a container of clorox wipes everywhere I went to wipe down everything I touched.  I lasted a couple hours, before I knew I was really sick and needed to head home.  I worked for a bit at home, and then gave in to the illness…

It hit like a mack truck! By Wednesday evening I made the decision that we were all staying in, and I headed to bed with a fever, chills, body aches like you wouldn’t believe, a stuffy head, and just generally feeling awful. I hardly slept that night.

By Thursday morning I was REALLY sick, and got an appointment with my ENT.  Now…you know I’m sick when I let my husband drive (bad eyesight…I do all of our driving except for when he goes to work), and I let him drive both ways. :)  My ENT is able to do a lot more extensive checking into the nasal, ear, and throat passages, and I listened as she talked to her assistant on the computer.  Severe swelling, fluid in this ear, very red, definite infection…not good.  I was diagnosed with the flu (which is going around like gang busters right now), a severe sinus infection, and another ear infection.  Thus, the reason the whole left side of my face and head hurt like the dickens, and even my cheeks were swollen :(.  An antibiotic was prescribed, and home to bed I went.  There I have remained since.  I cannot remember the last time I was this sick.  The coughing ensued Friday morning, and that is non-stop.  My head hurts, my chest hurts, and I have been miserable. 

Morgan got a hold of my phone, and thought it fun to snap some photos of her sick momma :) :(

183025a183033a183056a

This Contigo has been my friend.  Morgan keeps filling it up with hot tea, and it stays warm for hours.  I love it!

January 12, 2013 003

This last photo Morgan took on one of the worst nights. My head hurt so bad that she helped we wrap it tightly in this blanket.  She gave me a little feather on top, and snapped a picture of it…

January 12, 2013 001

We are doing laundry, wiping everything down with clorox wipes, washing hands, and trying to be careful around here so no one else gets this horrible flu bug.  I’m sure it’s inevitable, but I’m trying to hold it off as long as possible. 

I hope you are all staying well!

1 comment:

Anita Johnson said...

I hope you feel better soon! I got a flu shot this year...hope it offers some protection.