Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Long Hair…

Ever since I can remember, I wanted to be the mom of a girl.  I always dreamed she’d have long hair, and I’d have fun doing different things with it.  The first part of that dream came true…the doing different things with it…not so much!

I am not very coordinated with my hands, unless you put me in front of a piano.  The most I could ever do with long hair was a pony tail :(.  BORING…

Last year I looked at a book Morgan has on different kinds of braids, and watched several video tutorials on how to do it.  None of them helped me.  I took Morgan for a hair trim one day, and our darling hairstylist demonstrated how to do a French braid.  I stood right there and watched her.  I came home and had to try it right away.  It didn’t turn out very well.  I kept trying, and I am happy to say that practice is helping me get much better at it!  I can FINALLY do a French braid! YIPPEE!!

Morgan has really long hair…like down to her waist.  If she doesn’t braid it at night, or put it up when she wears a coat, she gets HORRIBLE tats in it that make me want to take her straight to Brenda to have it cut off.  But her hair is absolutely glorious…I’m serious, it’s so pretty it takes my breath away sometimes.  I do NOT want to cut it off (I think her dad would divorce me…just kidding).  So being able to do French braids will be a great help in keeping the hair up and out of the way.  We learned how to do a few other easier braids from Morgan’s braid book as well…

Here is today’s French braid….not too shabby if I do say so myself!

January 8, 2013 018

1 comment:

Deeds said...

Well done! It looks great Kath!! :) I had long hair down my back when I was younger so I'm very used to the hairstyles too. An easy one is to make a pony tail low on the neck and slightly loose from the head and then tuch the pony tail back through the hair above the hair elastic. It looks lovely and 'twisted' but takes only minutes. Also check out Lillyrose hair clips! Their website is amazing and has videos of how to use them. They are simply gorgeous!! I'm determined to get one one of these days (although I only need a smaller one as I have less hair these days! LOL!) Catch up soon - Deeds