Saturday, May 11, 2013

What’s New?

It’s been a while since I have posted, so I thought I’d pop in and let you know what is up with us.  Things have been crazy busy for us, so not much blogging time!

My husband is doing better, but we are still having issues with getting his blood regulated.  He will have a CT scan this week to make sure there are no blood clots hiding in his body, and then he will have a follow up visit with his vascular surgeon.  Hopefully, he’ll get good reports from both.

We are wrapping up our school year.  We’ll be doing math throughout the summer, but everything else is nearly done for the year.  We’ll be doing something different in the fall, but I will wait to share those details until a bit later.  The kids are excited about it, and I am too…so that is all that matters.

We are still watching our little Baby Bird and Gray man.  My daughter loves to snap pictures of them every chance she gets, and then I get to do the fun part of editing the pictures.  For some reason, I just can’t leave a picture alone.  I just have to tweak it in some little way.  It’s so much fun.  Here are a few of our recent pics of the little darlings…

One with my husband…she took a liking to him right away…

IMG_8337h

This little darling has some seriously beautiful eyes…

IMG_8346hdr

One with me…

DSCN1143a2

While she was sleeping…

DSCN1269c

She ADORES my son…

DSCN1274hdr

Gray man…

DSCN1310hdr

We love having the kids here…they are so sweet.

This weekend I took on the project of painting our front door.  It was in dire need of a makeover.  The white paint was peeling, and it looked awful.  I covered it up during the winter months by having Morgan create a LARGE piece of artwork to hang on it.  Now that it is warming up, I decided it was time to paint.  We went with a deep burgundy color called “red red wine”.  We have painted two coats, and it already looks lovely…  Here is a before, and 2 coat picture…we’ll probably need another couple coats, and I’ll paint our back door as well.  We have plenty of paint left!

    IMG_8495               IMG_8500

We had a little incident with our neighbor kids this morning.  They were throwing rocks at our house.  I went outside in all of my painting outfit bed head glory, and asked them to stop doing that.  I asked them to help me pick up all of the rocks and put them back in their flower bed, so they didn’t get run over by our mower. An adult came outside and asked me if they were behaving, so I told her they were throwing rocks.  She made them apologize and go straight in the house to bed Sad smile.  I felt bad for getting them in trouble, but I really don’t want rocks thrown at my house. 

Later this afternoon I heard a knock at the door, and it was my neighbor Stephanie.  I had never gotten a chance to meet her.  She had her boys with her, and they all apologized again.  Then they presented me with two large beautiful violet plants.  I’m not sure what they are, but the color is so pretty.  I have one for each side of my door on my porch.  I almost cried, because I have never had anything so pretty on my porch.  They accent the new door color, and look lovely right next to my little lilac bush that has finally bloomed this year…Aren’t they beautiful???

IMG_8516

Here is my little lilac bush.  I’m not going to cut any flowers this year, because there aren’t very many.  I’m going to my mom’s for Mother’s Day tomorrow, and she has several lilac bushes in full bloom.  I’ll cut some of her lilacs to bring home for my table. Smile  Pay no attention to the big green tendril that is reaching for my lilacs.  I have hated that bush since the day we moved in.  That bad boy’s days are numbered.  It will be out of here as soon as I can hire someone to chop it down.

IMG_8517

And just one shot of the lovely tree in our front yard…

IMG_8520

Well, super long post, but that is it for us right now.  Happy Mother’s Day to all of my mommy friends! I hope you all have a great weekend.  Be back soon as we move into summer vacation! WOOHOO!

2 comments:

Anita Johnson said...

I'm glad the rock throwing incident ended well. Happy Mother's Day to you!

Anonymous said...

Kathryn, the beautiful violet plants are called Pansies. And just from the small amount I can see of the 'big green tendril' it looks like it could be a type of conifer. They are a great evergreen for filling spaces :-)