Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Mother’s Day Gift…

Hubby and I decided to get rid of our land line, and just go with our cell phones like many of our friends are doing.  It costs so much now to have both, have internet, cable, etc.  So we are keeping the internet and our cell phones, and getting rid of cable and our land line.  So, for Mother’s day, since our cell contract was up and we needed to renew it, Andy and I got iPhones! Mine was my Mother’s Day gift, and his was his Father’s Day gift.  We got a GREAT deal on them (we got the 3G version as opposed to the new 4G), and so far they are so much fun.  I can do everything I could do on my laptop, and more.  I can take it with me, and have that stuff at my fingertips all the time.  It’s a great help, and my purse is lighter since I don’t have to carry a planner anymore.  The kids will be using my old cell phone for emergencies, and when they are home alone to call us.  That is the only time they will use it.  They are homeschooled and with me all the time, so there is no need for them to really have a cell phone.  I just don’t want them to be without a phone if my husband and I are out.

The new iPhones take great pictures, they can shoot videos, and the internet access is great.  I uploaded several games for the kids to play in the car, and some fun resources like Web MD, a world atlas, Google Earth, a language translator, a virtual piano so Morgan can even practice on vacation, the Weather Channel, Food Network, and even a small Kindle app.  I already purchased some free books (the Secret Garden, Little Women), and they are so easy to read.  It will make waiting in doctor’s offices bearable. :)

I am down with a flare up of my fibromyalgia today, and I have had to stay in bed all day yesterday and today.  I didn’t have to drag my laptop in there though, because I had my iPhone, and kept myself from getting bored playing with that.  I have created fun ringtones for all of my contacts, and even recorded part of a sermon from my former Pastor as my default ringtone.  It’s so good to hear his voice when the phone rings :)

Needless to say, I am enjoying my Mother’s Day gift immensely.  We would not have gotten them for full price, so I’m thankful that we got such a great deal, one that will cut our monthly phone bill by more than $50. I’m all for that! :)

Here’s one of the fun pictures I took on the phone.  There was an app to doctor it up a bit, so it turned out looking like a picture from the 70’s :) It even puts a cool border on it.  Pretty good for coming from a phone. :)

2011-5-15 iPhone Pictures 077

I’m sure I’ll be sharing more pictures as I take them, and maybe even some video too!

No comments: