Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I’ll Huff And I’ll Puff…

And I’ll blow your house down! Remember the story of the 3 little pigs?  Well I love to make a snack called a “Piggy House”, that goes along with that story. :)

Growing up, I spent time at my Grandma’s house in Ontario during the summers.  One of our favorite things to do was to sit out on her front porch and watch the traffic whizz by (busy street), drink tea, eat piggy houses, and listen to my G-pa sing and play his ukulele.  To make the piggy houses, my G-pa would take 2 slices of Kita’s bakery bread (the BEST), slice them into strips and then stack them to look like a piggy house.  We were the wolves, and we’d blow the house down by eating it strip by strip.  I LOVED piggy houses, and now I have passed that fun delicacy onto my children :)  We had them last night, and this is what they look like!

iPhone August 16, 2011 001

I like mine with just bread and butter, but you could put peanut butter, jam, or honey on them as well!  They’d be a little messier to slice, but still yummy!

No comments: