Monday, February 13, 2012

Peanut Butter Goodness…

I have been married to my dear husband for nearly 17 years.  How is it that I could be married to him that long, and NOT know that his favorite cookie is peanut butter?  I assumed he loved chocolate chip cookies like almost every other person in the world! :)  When I asked him this week what my favorite cookie is, he knew right away…I love snickerdoodles!  I felt like a ditch dog for not knowing what his favorite is.

To make it up to Andy, I found a simple recipe on Allrecipes.com, and for the first time in my life, baked a couple batches of peanut butter cookies tonight.  They turned out great (you never know with me and cookies!), and Andy said they are the best he has ever had :)

Here are the little golden lovelies…

February 13, 2012 007

I found a very easy recipe to make these…

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg

Mix all ingredients together in mixing bowl.  Place dough on cookie sheet formed in 1" balls.  Bake at 325 degrees for 6-8 minutes.  Leave on cookie sheet to cool until they set, and then move to cooling rack to cool completely.

***Baker’s Note*** I made my cookies a little bit bigger, so I baked them for closer to 10 minutes.  The recipe didn’t call for the fork imprint,  but my mom always made them that way.  You just fill a small bowl with milk, dip your fork in it, and make the imprint on the cookies two ways.  The milk helps the batter not stick to the fork.  I also sprinkled my cookies with sugar as soon as they came out of the oven.  It soaks into the cookies as they set, and tastes so good! My mom also did that.

February 13, 2012 008

This was my first time ever making peanut butter cookies, and I love how they turned out.  I’ll be making them again soon!

3 comments:

Anita Johnson said...

Your post made me think...I have no idea what my husband's favorite cookie is! 30 years for us...I guess it's time to ask! Have a great Valentine's Day!

Kelly said...

That's pretty much the recipe we use for PB cookies, because it's gluten free. I LOVE them! They are so peanut buttery. We make them at Christmas as well with a Hershey Kiss on top.

Kelly said...

And if it makes you feel better, I have no idea what Darryl's favorite cookie is, either. I have never seen him turn down a cookie, I think he likes them all. :)