Monday, September 24, 2012

In Full Swing…

Today marks the start of our third week of school.  It is going great so far.  We love our new curriculum choices, and are happy to continue ones we have used all along.  I am SO glad we opted out of being a part of our co-op this year.  It would have made for a really long day for us, and it is one less thing I have to put on our schedule.  One of my women’s ministries has also discontinued this year, so I’m finding extra time I didn’t count on…God knows what we need, and makes it happen.

The kids and I are really enjoying school this year.  We have not had a grumble or complaint yet.  We’ve had a bit of frustration, but we always get up and dance for a bit when that happens, and we’re fine. :)

I’m extremely busy at church right now.  I just played for my fourth wedding this weekend, and I have much to do to get our Christmas kickoff ready for the choir this weekend.  Fall is always a busy time there, and there is much work to be done to have the choir music ready.  I’m grateful for the hours and extra finances this allows.

We have had an extremely difficult year as a family, but God has been good.  I have come to realize that they are the most important people in my life, and there is no one on this earth that I would rather spend my time with.  Andy and I were stressing out about extended family relationships that have been strained.  Some for YEARS, and others just recently.  We have decided that it just doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things.  God has given us to each other, and our focus should be on our own little family, and loving and serving each other.  We will let God take care of the rest.  It has become increasingly clear to me that family is not always blood.  God brings “brothers” and “sisters” into our lives to fill those voids, and encourages us by the “family” He has given us in Christ.  That is what has carried us through this year.

As I mentioned earlier in this post, I played for a wedding this weekend.  We were all dressed up, so I took that opportunity to grab someone to take our family picture.  My pastor was happy to help! I really like how it turned out, and can’t believe how great my boy looked in that suit, and how tall he is getting!

IMG_6608c

I hope you are all having a great fall season too!

1 comment:

Deeds said...

Beautiful picture of a beautiful family! :)