Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Frowning Providence…

Sometimes life brings us frowning providences.  Those ordeals God brings us through to make us more like Him, to cause us to trust only Him because there is nothing else to trust in, and make us realize that He is our only hope.  Our frowning providence started two weeks ago tomorrow.  I very nearly could have lost my husband.  When I think about the circumstances of two weeks ago, my head spins.  I weep for the grace God showered on us by sparing Andy’s life, and for working things out as He did.

Andy spent ten LONG days in the hospital, and finally came home this past Wednesday.  We’ve spent the past couple days tackling Mt. Laundry, Mt. Trash, Mt. Dirt, and Mt. Dishes that piled up because I was too tired when I got home from the hospital each night to wash them. We’ve also been caring for our precious patient, and thanking God that he is here to be cared for.

Andy will be recovering at home, and can’t return to work until after he sees his doctor on February 20th.

I’ll be back soon to tell you the story, but I’m still trying to process it all, and think clearly again.  We are exhausted…simply exhausted.  It was a long 2 weeks for all of us.  Graciously, ladies from our church have signed up to bring meals for a couple weeks while I care for Andy, and a couple of friends have offered to come over and help me clean/organize our house.  I am grateful…

I would appreciate your prayers.  Andy is weak, tired, sore, and has a few weeks of recovery ahead of him.  His body suffered quite a trauma, and it could have been so so much worse…

My sweet Love when he was so very sick…

February 1, 2013 001

I’ll be back to tell you what happened once our home is back in order, and we have caught up on our sleep.  Please keep Andy in your prayers as he recovers over the next couple weeks…

No comments: