Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Festival…

A nature center not far from us has a fall festival every year.  I don’t know why we never went before, but this was our second year going.  There were lots of fun things to do.  There was a hayride through the woods (no wait this year, but a GREAT LONG ride), a petting zoo that was so great, lots of pumpkins to buy, a climbing tower (had to be taken down because of the wind), a train ride for the little ones, live folk music, a campfire for roasting marshmallows, pumpkin bowling, and free cider and donuts (my dad’s rotary club was there serving them). They had popcorn and candy to give out, and free face painting also.

I decided this year not to lug my big camera bag around with me, and just take my iPhone.  I think it takes some pretty wonderful pictures.  I mainly use my good camera now for pictures at home, and photo shoots.

We had a lot of fun at the festival, and I got some fun pictures.  The fun thing about taking photos on my iPhone is that I can edit them right on the phone.  There are lots of fun photo editing apps available, and that is right up my alley.  The newest app I found with the software update is a photo collage app.  I used that today, and made a collage of our day at the festival. It has some fun backgrounds, and lots of ways to tweak the pictures to make them fit different ways.  I like how it turned out…

October 18 Part 2 002 
The animals were great, though I didn’t groove too much on the snake around my girl’s neck :(.  I took that picture from a distance :).  I can almost feel the heat of that campfire though, and smell the burning leaves….mmmmm…

We had a great time at the festival, and look forward to doing it again next year!

No comments: