Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving…

I’ve been missing from my blog for a bit.  I took it offline while I prayed about continuing it, and it removed some of the blogs I follow.  I had to go find everyone tonight, and re-follow :)

I can’t believe that Thanksgiving is already here.  My mom and dad are coming over for the day.  I get them all to myself. :)  This is only the second time in our marriage that I have made the turkey, and I’m really looking forward to it.  I’m doing the turkey, the stuffing, the potatoes, and a mixed vegetable.  My mom is bringing turnips (my FAVORITE), cranberries, pickles, and pies.  She will also make the gravy once the turkey is done (she makes the BEST).

My family sweetly helped me get the house cleaned up tonight.  All we have to do in the morning is clean the bathroom after showers, and do all the cooking.  Dinner will be around 1:30 or so.  I LOVE Thanksgiving, and I can’t wait to spend that time with just my parents and my little family.

On Friday we’re heading off to see my sister in law Cathy, and her kids.  It’s just an overnight visit, but our only chance to see her before next summer.  Then we’ll be back and will decorate for Christmas on Sunday afternoon/evening.  I can’t wait for that.  Since my family helped so willingly tonight, I gave in to their pleas for Christmas music tonight.  Normally we don’t play it until after Thanksgiving…I like to celebrate one holiday at a time here! :) 

The decorations and music will all come out on Sunday, and I even have a blog background that is festive for Christmas ready to go.  I’m back for now :) Not sure how much I’ll be able to post as our home school, part-time jobs, and church responsibilities are much more involved this year.  I’ll be here when I can!  I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

I’ll see you soon!

3 comments:

Deeds said...

Hiya Kath! I have missed you!! Good to hear from you and I hope and pray you have a wonderfully Happy Thanksgiving today with your beautiful family!!!! Love ya! - Deeds

Kelly said...

Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anita Johnson said...

Glad to see you are back!