Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Thanksgiving Collage…

TG Collage

Just a few pictures from our Thanksgiving weekend…

We had my parents over for Thanksgiving, and the turkey was SO GOOD…if I do say so myself.  My mom taught me her “secret” to the perfect gravy, and my son is one happy boy!  He LOVES gravy.

The day after Thanksgiving we headed over to the west side of our state (the same beach we spent a week at this summer).  It sure is a different place this time of year.  The marina is empty, the beach is empty, and we got into our favorite restaurant without an hour wait!  We met my SIL and her kids, and had the best time with them!

Andy and I came home sick with this upper respiratory gunk that we just can’t kick.  I’ve been coughing up a storm, and just resting the past few days.  We did manage to put up the Christmas decorations on Sunday evening, and I was so glad to get that done.  The house looks so pretty with all of the decorations out.  The tree is beautiful, and we even strung lights around our living room window…we’ve never done that before!

Right now our power is out, and the battery on my laptop is about to give out, so I’ll have to close for now… I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  On to Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Anita Johnson said...

I've been busy decorating too! I love the top photo of Morgan...so cute. Care to share your secret for gravy? I burnt ours using a Nesco to cook the turkey...the turkey was excellent...good thing I had some gravy from the store! We are enjoying advent and waiting for our first grandson (16 days) Glad you are back!